The Bureau of Autism Services is partnering with the Autism Services, Education, Resources and Training Collaborative (ASERT) to learn more about the needs of individuals with autism across Pennsylvania. To support this effort, ASERT will soon be conducting an Autism Needs Assessment survey.
*Above statement corrected 4/26/17
How can you help?
- Encourage parents of children with autism and individuals over the age of 18 to complete the PA Autism Needs Assessment at www.paautism.org/needsassessment or complete the paper copy mailed to them.
Do you work with a family or individuals over 18 would who prefer a paper copy of the PA Autism Needs Assessment?
- You can call ASERT to request a paper copy for them, or give them the ASERT phone number (1-877-231-4244) or Email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Who gets the Autism Needs Assessment?
- Parents of a child with autism or an individual with autism over 18 can complete the survey.
Anyone, regardless of if they have received a letter, can complete the survey on the website.
Where can I find more information?
- Frequently asked questions (FAQ) are on the PAautism website, www.PAautism.org/needsassessment
- Call the ASERT Resource Center at 1-877-231-4244
- Email email@example.com.
Completing the PA Autism Needs Assessment in no way impacts program enrollment or services.
ASERT can also connect you with helpful resources and tools, as well as news on training opportunities and events in your community. Please visit www.paautism.org to learn more about ASERT, sign up for our newsletter, and create an account to start pinning resources. To learn more about autism in your county visit the PA Autism Census Page.
In preparation for the release of the survey, we are requesting that you review the attached PDF, which explains important details about the upcoming survey, including different options individuals and families will have to complete the survey. We ask that you help to share this information, and encourage individuals with autism and their parents/caregivers to complete the needs assessment. To stay up to date with the PA Autism Needs Assessment please visit: www.paautism.org/needsassessme
Department of Human Services | ODP | Bureau of Autism Services
Supporting Pennsylvanians with developmental disabilities to achieve greater independence, choice and opportunity in their lives.